Wednesday 16 May 2018

#MMM18 day 16 my new dotty top

Today I wore a top made from the same pattern as my white top and numerous others which if you are interested are listed here:

upcycled vest
white layer top
Burda style inspiration lace top
Red hoody top
Red sleeveless vest dress
Two mesh dresses - the blue one became a top
Frumps dress remade
Original frump dress

 Tho' I think the neckline came out somewhat lower on this version.


Its made from the same fabric as these trousers which did not really work as planned.

Other than the wonky seams I actually like them but they are, for definite, not as I meant to make them. 


The top is made from the small bits of fabric that were left over.

It had to have 3/4 sleeves due to lack of fabric and the fabric is slightly off straight grain to make it fit.  I think the top worked far better than the trousers!
You can see the mess I made of them here:
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/dotty-flared-trousers-with-twisted-seams.html
It is interesting that this top hangs fine ( seams are straight etc) but the trousers, which I tried very hard to make perfect came out wonky as if I had not cut on straight grain. I cut then so carefully and I have, since making, wondered if my fabric, which was an end of roll remnant, was already stretched out of straight so when I cut it.

Could it have reverted to where it should lie after cutting hence making my new trousers go all wonky?
Well maybe it was me, but I did spend a lot of time lining up etc.

Still you win some, lose some.
 The top pattern is McCalls M6612 which I actually somehow bought (or got sent!) by accident.

I certainly never intended to buy this pattern but I have made loads of tops and dresses from it so a very happy accident indeed.

I wore it with my navy wide leg trousers made here:
I really love these trousers but they are much too thin for most of the year - real lightweight summer trousers.
Unfortunately this Me Made May I seem to be finding I HAVE to wear the same stuff over and over so its become very obvious I need to make more skirts and trousers.

Thanks for dropping in on my blog
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment