Monday 16 October 2017

Multi Media T shirts - TMS October 2017 Stash Mash




I am a bit late blogging this week since am enjoying this months challenge. Smashing my Stash is a brilliant way to update my wardrobe for winter - fast!

I seem to have fabric and patterns everywhere in little piles with patterns on top while I work out what to do with what. Sooooo exciting!

So what to use from my stash next? I was at the hospital the other day and noticed there were several people wearing long sleeved T shirts with mesh sleeves. Well I like!

So I cut out 4 different tops - all from my stash. I have not had time to make them all as yet but these are the first two. So challengwise, first heres my pink scuba and big mesh sleeved top.







Stashwise heres the pink top:


Stash Smash Project Points
Pink scubaMeters Used0-1 m5 pointsYardage magician
Stash Time2-3 years25  pointslike fine wine
Preciousness10 pointsI like it but won’t cry if it’s a fail
Black wide meshMeters Used0-1 m5 pointsYardage magician
Stash Time2 months10  pointsBuried under new pretties
Preciousness10 pointsI like it but won’t cry if it’s a fail
POINTS TOTAL:65 points 

 
Then I made this black version using some 4 way stretch black silky fabric which I have made a nice top from previously so I know I like wearing this as a top and in this version I used black powermesh for the sleeves. It is hard to see in the photos but the sleeves are slightly transparent.

 These are both made from Butterick 5562 View D which I have owned for ages but never used. I really bought this pattern for the different sleeves variations but have ended up using the ordinary non- gathered, non-puffed sleeve and missed off the wide cowl neck as well. Its got a very nice boat shaped neckline which I love and is more wintery somehow than my more used T shirt patterns.



 For the black T shirt stashwise:

Stash Smash Project Points
Black silky fabric Meters Used 0-1 m 5 points Yardage magician
Stash Time 2-3 years 25  points like fine wine
Preciousness 10 points I like it but won’t cry if it’s a fail
Black powermesh Meters Used 0-1 m 5 points Yardage magician
Stash Time 2-3 years 25  points like fine wine
Preciousness 10 points I like it but won’t cry if it’s a fail
POINTS TOTAL: 80 points 



I have previously made other projects from most of this fabric which will make for nice "outfits" though to be honest I very rarely wear outfits really. In reality, I find things work best mix and matching rather than wearing as "suits".

In case you want to see though the pink scuba type fabric leggings are here:

http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/38-side-panel-leggings.html

I used the black reverse of this fabric on the side stripes for this look which I have not bothered with in my new top.

and the black silky fabric has previously made some yoga pants here:

http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/22-plain-black-yoga-pants-made-in-rush.html

and a top here:

http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/74-quick-party-top.html

Oh and I nearly forgot this top here made from the powermesh:

http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/95-and-96-skirt-and-top-for-tms-bright.html

I suppose this is the good / or bad side to bulk buying fabric. You end up with lots of items made from the same materials and although they do "go" together often you do not want to wear them that way.
Well I am very much enjoying this months challenge. What to make next?

Thanks for visiting my blog,

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment