Thursday 9 March 2017

88: Red velvet top

Well this is yet another item, number 105, from Burda's November 2016  magazine, which I am still obsessed with! There are a couple more things I intend to make from that magazine yet so probably its the best value Burda mag I have so far bought.

This top was not as easy as I expected. I should have used my initiative and cut the front as two pieces because with this fabric you would not have seen the seams much and it would make it much easier to put together. Its the front slit I found the most difficult part. The rest was pretty easy. It still was a relatively simple top.

Trouble is I feel kind of Granny-ish in it. Still you can win them all and I love the fabric and it will be a good top for the office if I pair it with plain black trousers. I just hate air conditioning since I spend my entire life feeling cold it seems, so this top should keep me warm and still look dressy I think. I left off the waist tie and just made it as a shirt. What can I say. Its a nice comfortable easy to wear top.


 I need a different bra obviously without a racer back but otherwise this top is OK and its unusual with all the slits. A good addition to my work wardrobe I think
 


 

Thanks for visiting,
Bracken
 

No comments:

Post a Comment