Wednesday 11 January 2017

78: Cuddle camo top for my man

If you click on the picture there are several views here

It is getting very cold now. My other half is very undemanding clothing-wise and I worry sometimes because I do not make much for him. I actually made this as a warm cuddly top to wear over Christmas but never had time to post it then. He usually likes hoodies and this is a lightweight sweatshirt fabric. I used Newlook 6142 for this. It is entirely overlocked with twin needled hems. I had previously used the same pattern as the basis for a waterproof here: http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/66-finishing-ufos-waterproof-jacket.html
That had meant lots of extra bits needed to be drafted though. This top was much more basic. I never even added a pocket. I made the sleeves a bit longer since the last time he found them too short. I have yet to shorten them to what he actually needs but better a bit long than too short! I will eventually rectify that. From cutting out to completing this took about an hour to make.


Since he has virtually lived in it since making I obviously need to make several more of these kind of tops for him.
Thanks for reading
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment