Friday 13 May 2016

#MMMay16, Day 13 and Friday the 13th as well!

Its Friday 13th. Unlucky for some, but usually very good for me and this one is looking just as good as usual. Today so far everything has not only gone to plan its going really well. Thats good because this last week has been very hectic for me.

So today I am wearing my 40: purple top  and matching mitts with a very old up-cycled waistcoat. The top is really meant to be off the shoulders but its cold today and I am trying not to wear things more than once a week so I need the extra layer.

When I first bought this it was a jacket in a sale at C&A. Do you remember them? I think they still exist in Europe and possibly elsewhere but they left the Uk at the end of the 90's. This started out a very dark purple. Its faux suede and denim jacket styling. I had a skirt to match which I also still own.

First I tie-bleached it. Then chopped off the sleeves and fringed them.

By now it was the early 2000's and sequins embroidered to clothing was everywhere so I did my own.

There is no particular pattern to my sequins. They are just kind of random and colourful like many of the clothes of the early 2000's.


Anyway despite its age I think this item in my wardrobe deserves a wearing and I still like it after all these years.


Thanks for visiting,
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment